At a credit union we call a 'savings' account a 'share' account. To be considered a member of a credit union you must have a 'share' account. This makes you eligible for all other products and services we offer.
- Only $5 to open which is held as your minimum balance - you get this back if you close your account.
- Dividends paid quarterly on average daily balances of $100 or more
- FREE Online Banking, Beacon CCU Mobile & eStatements
- No monthly maintenance fees
- ATM access to nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs through MoneyPass and Alliance One and CO-OP ATM Network.
- Each account is insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
This is the primary account for all of our members. Our share accounts are comparable to what some may call a passbook account. A minimum deposit of just $5.00 is all that is needed to open your credit union membership.
Club & Escrow Accounts
Still need more savings ideas? Try one of these accounts to help you save money.
- Christmas Club - start a Christmas Club account any time throughout the year with access to the funds available October 1 - December 31. The remainder of the year these funds are ‘off limits’, to help you save for Christmas. If you ever need to close the account you can close it prior to October 1st and incur a $5.00 early termination fee.
- Vacation Club
- Insurance Share
- Escrow Share